Consider your body as a place where, periodically, all kind of transformations take place. And their measure is not calculated annually, according to the season, or monthly, but rather for a shorter period of time. We wake up in the morning and we get to be totally different before going to sleep. Cells have a certain rhythm when we wake up and a different one at the end of the day. Therefore, our beauty routine has to be built around these changes and according to the needs of our body. We must create our own habits and everything will feel natural without having the sensation of too much pressure.
Pretty For a Penny With Drugstore Skincare: Guest Blogger
A self-proclaimed beauty addict and over-the-top girly girl, Lara Ramos has been dedicated to living a pretty lifestyle since birth. Her blog, The Glossarie, highlights ground-breaking beauty products and little laid-back luxuries. This week, in Lara’s second appearance as a guest blogger, she shares the newest items that have caught her eye and her personal must-haves.
I test dozens of skincare products monthly, but falling in love with the really expensive ones can be heaven for my skin and hell for my wallet. Luckily, I found a few drugstore favorites that keep my skin woes in check while doing minimal damage to my bank account.
I use Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Facial Cleanser morning and evening to break up oil, detoxify, and remove makeup. It’s gentle yet highly effective on my acne-prone skin.
Hannah’s Healthy Skincare Routine
Name: Hannah, our DIY Natural Beauty queen
Skin type: dry, sensitive acne prone
AM 1. Every morning I cleanse with Weleda Gentle Cleansing Milk ($16). I’ve been using this gentle cleanser for years because it keeps my sensitive skin from feeling tight.
2. & 3. Before makeup, I mix a few drops of Neutrogena Pure Free Liquid Daily Sunblock SPF 50 ($12) into my favorite Origins Mega Mushroom Skin Relief Soothing Face Cream ($61). I can’t say enough good things about this moisturizer. It hydrates, reduces irritation and makes skin look like velvet under makeup. I’m a Dr. Weil fan for life! .
PM 4. At night, I warm REN No.1 Clarity Cleansing Balm ($48) into my hands and massage gently over my face. I love love love this. Even though it’s non-foaming, this cleanser melts makeup off in seconds and leaves my skin calm, balanced and so fresh.
5. Since my beloved Shea Cream By Elizabeth Dehn is no longer, I’ve switched to REN Rose O12 Ultra-Moisture Serum ($80) which makes my skin glow!
6. Yes to Blueberries Age Refresh Firming Eye Treatment ($20) is non-irritating and super-effective at softening fine lines.
7. Before bed, I massage a pea size amount of Retin-A cream (prescription necessary) into my skin. This product has changed my life. After battling adult cystic acne and hyperpigmentation for years, my skin is now clear, dewy and incredibly smooth. Can’t live without it!
8. Every other night I exfoliate with my Clarisonic Classic ($195) and sensitive brush head.
9. once a week I use The Body Shop Tea Tree Face Mask ($15), which clarifies without irritating my sensitive skin.
What do you use to shave your legs?
I love this stuff for a thousand reasons, but the bottom line is: it is the most balanced cleanser I’ve come across in a long time. It is rich, yet lightweight. It has the perfect amount of grit in it to that gives me a nice, clean finish but it doesn’t rub my face raw. My favorite thing of all is the scent—it has a whisper of fragrance that just reminds me of a sunny afternoon. On late, lazy nights when I don’t feel like taking off my eye make-up separately I’ve used this on my whole face and everything comes off leaving just a squeaky clean mug staring back at me in the mirror.